FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION…MY CORE BELIEFS
You will soon discover that The Wealth Builder 10 is built on solid financial principles. Using these principles, I’m convinced and hopefully you will be, too), that you will become a Wealth Builder. However, it’s been my experience that true success comes only when I combine solid financial principles with several basic Core Beliefs. This ensures that my financial journey will not only stay on course over the long haul, but it will take on a deeper meaning. Does my journey get off track at times? Of course. But when I do get off track, the following Core Beliefs help me to re-align and get back on track.
I offer these Core Beliefs for your consideration, not as a mandate for your financial life. Only you can decide if these beliefs have personal merit for you. For me, these beliefsserve as a Biblical umbrella that I hold over my wealth building.
- None of it belongs to us anyway. God owns it all. Psalm 24:1 “The earth is the Lord’s , and all its fullness. The world and those who dwell therein.”
The fact of the matter is, we don’t really own anything. It all belongs to God. We are just given the privilege of managing God’s assets while we are on this earth. When we truly understand this verse, our wealth building decisions will be transformed into Godly decisions.
- It’s about our approach to wealth. 1 Timothy 6:10 “For the love of money (wealth) is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, in their eagerness to get rich, have wandered away from the faith and caused themselves a lot of pain.”
Wealth can be good or wealth can be bad. It’s all about how we approach wealth. I choose to belive if we focus on what wealth and money can DO to enrich the quality of life for ourselves, our family, our church, our community and the world at large, that’s a good thing. We sometimes forget money (wealth) is not the potential problem. It’s how we approach our money, the love of money (wealth) that causes us the pain. The key is to understand that wealth built for the right reasons is a good thing. We have this belief that if you are focused on Wealth Building you are in some way self-centered, uncaring, and only out for Number 1. It’s really just the opposite. I believe we are called by God to focus on our wealth. And then use it wisely.
- The more we get, the more will be given to us. Matthew 25:29 “To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given.”
We often view Wealth Building as ungodly. Granted, there are many examples of Wealth Building situations that aren’t built on the right principles. That’s why it’s so important to get our motivation right before we start on the Wealth Building journey.
- MORE can mean different kinds of blessings. Proverbs 22:9 “A generous man will himself be blessed.”
However, let me caution you here. Being given MORE (Blessed) doesn’t always mean more dollars and cents. When we are generous with our welath, we are not only helping those around us, but we will also receive a blessing. Does that mean MORE material wealth? Not necessarily. Blessings come in many ways.
- Be a cheerful and generous giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7 “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”
Each of us must decide in our heart how much to give back to our churches, charity organizations and those in need around us. And we should not give reluctantly or in response to pressure. When we truly give from the heart, we will be cheerful givers.
- Read Life’s Handbook: The Bible. Psalm 119:105 “Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.”
You may be surprised that the Bible will direct you and shed light on all aspects of your financial journey. Everything you need to know can be found in this book.
- Peace of Mind John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gavehis only son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”
I have found when I build wealth centered on the Core Beliefs above, coupled with the assurance of John 3:16, I have peace of mind. Well, most of the time. I can’t tell you I have peace of mind all the time, but I can tell you that when I lose my peace of mind, I know how to get it back.. I return to these Core Beliefs. Once I reconnect to these principles, my peace of mind settles back in and I return to a life of Uncommon Wealth.